Before providing us with any of your details please read the following information which concerns the protection of your personal data.
If you do not want your personal data to be used in the ways set out here please do not use the site or submit personal data to us through it.
Why we collect Personal Data and other Information
We will use such personal data collected:
- for administration purposes (including your access to the site);
- to help personalise your online experience;
- to enable us to carry out our obligations arising from your membership of the club or involvement in our activities
- to provide you with information on our products and services (by email unless you have opted out of receiving information in that way);
- to allow you to participate in any interactive part of the site if you choose to do so
We will only hold your personal data for as long as you are a member of the Club and for as long afterwards as is necessary to comply with our legal obligations.
In addition to the personal data you submit via the site we may collect information about your visits to the site and about your computer. Such information collected may include, but will not be limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, the resources that you access, your IP address (where available), and your operating system and browser type to assist us with system administration and in improving the design and layout of the site.
Our cookies help us:
- Make our website work as you’d expect
- Improve the speed/security of the site
- Continuously improve our website for you
- Make our marketing more efficient.
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
- Pay sales commissions.
You can learn more about all the cookies we use below.
More about our Cookies
Visitor Statistics Cookies
We use Google Analytics cookies to compile visitor statistics, such as how many people have visited our website; what type of technology they are using (e.g. Mac or Windows, which helps to identify when our site isn’t working as it should for particular technologies); how long they spend on the site; what page they look at, etc. This helps us to continuously improve our website. These programs also tell us how people reached this site (e.g. from a search engine) and whether they have been here before, thus helping us to develop our services for you.
Turning Cookies Off
You can usually switch cookies off by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies. Doing so, however, will probably limit the functionality of our and a large proportion of the world’s websites as cookies are a standard part of most modern websites. If your concerns around cookies relate to so called ‘spyware’, rather than switching off cookies in your browser, you may find that anti-spyware software achieves the same objective by automatically deleting cookies considered to be invasive.
Your Personal Data and Third Parties
For race results we will be using HalSail and details of their data handling policies can be found at https://www.halsail.com/Help
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. We will of course comply with our legal obligations but we are unable to guarantee the security of your personal data transmitted to the site therefore any transmission is at your risk. Once we have received your personal data and other information, we will use appropriate procedures and security features to guard against unauthorised access.
We will not release the personal data we collect to any third parties unless:
- You have consented through your involvement in activities, in particular, but not limited to, event entries, racing results, dinghy park layouts, mooring layouts, prize lists. We will not include you in directories, publish addresses, emails or phone numbers without your express permission;
- we are obliged or permitted to do so by law;
- material uploaded or posted by you on the site violates the rights of a third party;
- we need to, to protect ourselves, the public, property (which may include us exchanging personal data and other information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction);
- we have your consent to do so;
- it is necessary to do so to provide the products and services chosen by you;
- we sell any of our business assets when we may disclose your personal data to the prospective buyer of such business assets;
- and/or we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers/users will be one of the transferred assets.